Any GT courses that make us absolutely shine here?

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
02/28/2018 8:12 pm

By here I do mean acoustic style blues soloing........specifically in the key of E but at least one dynamite course that has solo concepts and licks and advanced cool ideas that can help us truly shine during those otherwise very tense times when buddies pull out their acoustics and say "Jim! You take over lead here!!" It is real and it is as needed as anything!! Jim C.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/02/2018 10:49 pm

Hi there,

You might want to look into learning a really tough, complicated blues song. Honestly, if you're an experienced player, learning songs are great ways to learn unconventional tricks, or new ways of playing an old lick.

This is a great lesson if you want to learn how to incorporate lead licks with strums, as well as testing your bending abilities. It's also fast as heck: https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=23882&s_id=1951

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
03/06/2018 9:24 pm
Originally Posted by: stratmanjimbo

By here I do mean acoustic style blues soloing........specifically in the key of E but at least one dynamite course that has solo concepts and licks and advanced cool ideas that can help us truly shine during those otherwise very tense times when buddies pull out their acoustics and say "Jim! You take over lead here!!" It is real and it is as needed as anything!! Jim C.

Also, if you go to this page, of interest is Chris' Blues Licks section further down the page. Somwething I say often, learn the vocabulary of blues like the bread n butter licks. Playing a blues solo and in that in the key of E 'take the lead' moment, knowing the blues vocabulary is very useful. It's not so much learning a killer lead that you can apply to anything but, learning the licks that build up those killer blues leads.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.