When should I not use the cadd9 chord

mdwj2003
mdwj2003
02/24/2017 1:28 am

This might sound like a stupid question but I am a beginner so here goes. I was really excited when I learned about the cadd9 chord. Wow going from G to C is so much faster. Are there certain times you should not use the cadd9 (like a certain strumming pattern that might just catch the lower few strings) or am I a crazy beginner asking a stupid question? Or maybe lazy and want to keep doing it the easy way. Any help would be much appreciated.

Donna

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/24/2017 2:33 am

Hey, Donna! Sounds like you are having fun with your guitar learning. :)[br]

Originally Posted by: mdwj2003[p]Are there certain times you should not use the cadd9 (like a certain strumming pattern that might just catch the lower few strings) or am I a crazy beginner asking a stupid question?

Use the Cadd9 whenever it works for the song you are playing. But, make the time to learn other ways to play those chords. Make time to practice the G to regular C chord, for example. So, when the Cadd9 doesn't work in a certain musical situation, you'll have another tool to use. Make sense?

It's not cheating or lazy if something works & is easy. Some things are easier to learn than others. But some things will take more time. Be patient, enjoy what you can play, gradually keep building skills. Have fun!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
mdwj2003
mdwj2003
02/24/2017 4:53 pm

Thank you

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.