View post (Amplitube - too much noise)

View thread

ogandou
ogandou
05/25/2004 6:14 pm
Well, almost solved. :o

It seems like I need to adjust the recording input level for the soundcard line-in input every time I switch between a clean sound and a heavily distorted sound. Or that I need to adjust the noise gate threshold of most presets. In short, when I use clean sounds (no gain or almost no gain), looking at the input light (making sure I reach the green) and listening to the output, it sounds better when I raise the recording input level (to about 50%). If the input level is too low, my sound is sort of flat.

Then, when I switch to a hi-gain sound, I need to either lower the rec input level (close to 0%) to reduce the background noise that becomes quite invading, or to change the noise gate threshold to stop that noise, which is not ideal because it still is there when I play.

Anyone with the same problem? Or can anybody just use amplitube with the same level settings for the guitar input no matter what the preset is? I don't mind that much considering how good that thing sounds, but it would be heaven on Earth if I could just set the soundcard input level once and for all and never worry about it again... :p