View post ((Another) Worse gig experience)

View thread

bigmarty
bigmarty
03/03/2001 11:26 pm
Mine is a good one,me and two freinds had been rehearsing for an open mic thing at a coffee house,when my drummer brought this kid around 15 to jam with us ,he sounded good so we asked him if he wanted to join us for this little gig.He said yes and we reheased about 4 songs for a couple of days and pronounced ourselves ready.The day of the gig when we get to the coffee house the kid comes up to us and tells us he just changed his strings before he left,and can't get his guitar in tune.the place is packed and now we ask the mc to if he can skip us til we get our equipment problems fixed.We finally go on about 45 min later and packed house is now nearly empty and to make matters worse we bombed.Still I learned that it is better to get everything ready way in advance then do it last min also it would be handy to have a spare guitar ready just in case as well.I now have 2 guitras in the ready if this ever happens again if I play with another player.

By the way the 15 yr old was asked back up to jam with the mc who looked at us like we should have been gonged off the gong show! oh well that's life :)
Can we have everything louder than everything else???