View post ((Another) Worse gig experience)

View thread

Willdridge
Willdridge
02/09/2001 6:53 pm
Well, it had to happen sometime, didn't it? I've done several gigs in my short playing stint and, naturally, I had a really, really, really, really bad gig.
My band were playing a gig in school to raise money for the Indian earthquake victims, a worthy cause. Also a stressful one! First off the bat, the amp I was using kept feeding back whenever I touched a string. Solution, turn everything down: Problem, get drown out my dummer. Solution, by-pass FX Pedal, still no joy. Solution, change cables, again, no joy. Next, swap stage sides in case it's something under the stage screwin' up the amp. NO! Send helpful sixth former running across school to get crummy little amp. Okay, so that works for awhile. Next problem, acoustic guitar can't be heard trough PA. Next, I end up knackering my cable, have to run around stage finding another cable, MID-SONG! Ended up plugging in the the 2nd output of the other guitarist's amp.
It never rains but it pours. Please, someone, cheer me up, tell me a worse gig story, I beg you!

On a good note though, everyone seemed, overall, to enjoy the gig and we raised over £100 (think that's either $80 or $120) when we charge only 50p to get in (half a £). Every cloud has a silver lining, huh?
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.