??Chord Progression Diagram??

New Member
Joined: 03/15/00
Posts: 2

I'm wondering what something is called,
it is a diagram of the different notes of a key, i think, it looks kinda like this:
E | |---|---|---|-o-|---|-o-|-o-|---|---|---|
B | |---|---|---|-o-|---|-o-|-o-|---|---|---|
G | |---|---|-o-|-o-|---|-o-|---|---|---|---|
D | |---|---|-o-|-o-|---|-o-|---|---|---|---|
A | |---|-o-|---|-o-|---|-o-|---|---|---|---|
E | |---|-o-|---|-o-|---|-o-|-o-|---|---|---|
except the circles are filled in, i can't remember what they are called, any help is appreciated.

# 0
jake sommers
High Bandwidth
Joined: 03/09/00
Posts: 442
this is called a scale the 0 represent what notes are played on the strings.
"Take my hand boss"
# 2
New Member
Joined: 03/17/00
Posts: 23
Your diagram shows the three-notes-per-string ionian pattern (Take away the 0 in the 7th fret of your low E string on you diagram, 'cause it's the same note - B - like the 0 on the 2nd fret of your A string).
Played all the way up you get the ionian scale (e.g. play the pattern on the 8th fret and you'll get the C ionian (=major) scale. Hope this helps. Tobias
# 3