View post (Well, kingdavid, since you asked...)

View thread

Inisfail
Inisfail
05/13/2004 12:28 pm
Well, my opinion may not be interresting, cause I'm not living in America, but maybe this will maybe catch your attention:

I don't like Bush so therefor I would choose Kerry. But Kerry has supported some bad deciscions from the republicans concerning the Israel-Palestinian conflict. But, somehow (cause the news don't tell as much about Kerry as I would like) he feels like an opposition to Bush, cause it's the other big political party in the US. It's kinda fun though that in the US he's almost on the left side of the political line. In Sweden he would be on the right..

I guess that those photos (I think there came some new recently) will be a big weapon for Kerry in november, not only the pohotos, maybe the whole war.

But as allways the domestic conditions will be the most important. If there will be a boom, I think Bush will be able to sit on the throne for some four new years. But will the financiall conditions become worse for the regular citizen then maybe Kerry will the next president.

Considering Iraq I just wanted to add one thing: If the American president would ask UN for help, which I promiss that he will during the summer, I don't know what the UN-members will say. I don't know either:

Is this a problem that America and it's allied has to solve themself? Or should the UN help, not for the sake of America and their friends, but for the Iraqie people? If the UN desciedes to help, perhaps that will give a signal to the US/UK that they can continue occupate countries and once they get problem UN will help them? Thats not a world I wanna live in..

By the way, why are you so angry at the Iraqie people? You attacked them, right? Should they be happy cause you got rid of Saddam? They were some days after the capturing (not all, cause some of the people, the Baath members and a lot of the shiamuslims, lost power and they are not happy), but since nothing have become better, why should they be happy?

Belive me, many people in Iraq think like this, wheter you want it or not: They got rid of Saddam, and he was evil. He tortured prisoners, he killed civilans and he was very unpredictable. But as far as I've seen, the americans do exactly the same thing.
Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?