View post (Well, kingdavid, since you asked...)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
05/13/2004 10:59 am
At the end of the day,let's just say that like Lordatherings said(and these sentiments are being expressed by commentators in our local press),since this is America,people will be held accountable.Heads will roll.I gather that Janice Karpinski woman(she was in charge of the prisons in Iraq) has akready been dismissed.It's such a shame,she evoked feelings of admiration inme when I saw her photo in a US Army fatigue,with the name Karpinski on her right breast.The fact that she's probably descended from immigrants(Karpinski sounds Polish or Eastern European to me),she's a woman,and then she's ranking that highly in the US Army.Then this.Quite a waste.

Anyhow,I think the reason the world reacts as it does to such incidenta regarding Iraq is because it(the world) by and large didn't support the war in the first place,and to add insult to injury,the WMD's,which were a major,major reason for the war,haven't been found,and as you've all heard by now,the threat was exaggerated,blah blah blah.

Back to the topic Lordatherings had in mind when starting this thread,I guess attempts to embarass Bush will at the end of the day hark back to the question of whether the war in Iraq was legitimate to start with,and whether it was worth it.I suppose a tortured Iraq(tortured by Saddam) cannot put their freedom in monetary terms,but hey,American lives have been lost too,it's not like Iraqis are more valuable than Americans.

How do you guys fancy Bush's chances in November,bearing all this in mind?I gather Kerry is not terribly impressive.