guitar and bass

basics
basics
04/05/2004 6:11 am
Originally posted by iamthe_eggman
Right now, I've got a drummer that I know is a wicked drummer (from previous jams), but we're doing some covers, and he won't break loose. I love drums that are more than just your old hi-hat 1-2-3-4, bass on 2, snare on 4 boring junk. I wish he would do more rolls; huge, epic rolls, like Neil Peart on the toms. Well, I'm working on it. Hopefully he'll learn to break it out before the show!

Sounds psychological solved either by a bit of the booze or having moby dick worked into the lineup. Wish I had that problem. Mine prefers to make the feel of the song according to what he wants instead of accepting the feedback of the composer. Impossible to get the feel right and would rather replace him with a wee little chip.
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
04/05/2004 1:49 pm
Originally posted by basics
Sounds psychological solved either by a bit of the booze or having moby dick worked into the lineup. Wish I had that problem. Mine prefers to make the feel of the song according to what he wants instead of accepting the feedback of the composer. Impossible to get the feel right and would rather replace him with a wee little chip.

That's funny, since we tried jamming out Moby Dick when we first started to jam together! But he can't solo, so I lent him my "How The West Was Won" CDs and told him to listen to Moby Dick while he slept (all 20 minutes or so of drum soloing!)

I don't let him drink when we jam or the one time we did an open jam at a pub, since I need him to be an atomic clock. I dunno, maybe I'll feed him a couple beers for our next jam and see what happens!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
basics
basics
04/06/2004 6:50 pm
yea man, tempo is important but so's relaxation enough to pull some killer fills. i'd get him tipsy and jam as if in a party atmosphere, not a serious practice and see how he is then. tempo's important but contrary to popular belief drummers are not solely responsible for keeping a band on time.

hey noticethemistake i hear where you're coming from man. i was in a slut of a mood the other day though.
# 3
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
04/07/2004 12:10 am
It's cool basics. Everybody has there days. I agree it's not solely the drummers responsibility, everyone should listen to each other to keep on time.

I learned my lesson not to drink before a show. For some reason you seem to be the only person thinking your playing good.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.