View post (new to shredding)

View thread

The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/18/2004 1:59 am
I don't know how shredding really started for me. I had never listened to Yngwie, or any of the others for that matter.

I started out at the beginning of the summer one year (no school=non-stop guitar) where I wanted to be a fast player. It was what I thought would make me "good."

So I learned every solo off the album Blizzard of Ozz, and I gotta say it took all summer and a little bit more, but I got em. And I didn't realize it then, but I had started to become a "fast" player.

So that got may tapping and legato techniques pretty well, and I'm pretty good at linear things too.

The only thing it didn't teach me was playing flat picked (like strict alternate picking for fast patterns) and sweeps. I aint to good at sweeps.

So I'm working on my shredding now. But I love learning things that really bring out the music, so I mix that in too. Moody, what lessons are you talking about? (It could've been in a different thread, but I don't know).
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks