Hendrix vrs. Santana

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/24/2004 7:05 pm
Oh Jeez :rolleyes:
All Im saying is whats the point in replying to a post to slag it off then contributing to it later on!?!? Thats what Telemaster did!

Your doing the same, saying thee posts are useless, well if you think that why read them and post on them! Stop cluttering them up with spam while others are just here to discuss the guitarists!
# 1
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/25/2004 5:46 am
Originally posted by Axl_Rose
Oh Jeez :rolleyes:
All Im saying is whats the point in replying to a post to slag it off then contributing to it later on!?!? Thats what Telemaster did!

Your doing the same, saying thee posts are useless, well if you think that why read them and post on them! Stop cluttering them up with spam while others are just here to discuss the guitarists!

If you would've taken the time to read my post, I added my 2c on these two guitarists. I read them and post on them BECAUSE IT'S A FORUM, I CAN POST A REPLY TO ANY THREAD THAT I WANT. IT'S NOT YOUR SITE, NOR IS IT MINE.

How about if you don't like my reply, then don't read it?

And once again, off you go with your: "Oh you don't agree with me? You suck." attitude.

You don't discuss anything. You say: "Joe Perry is GOD. What? You don't believe me? Then don't respond to my thread."

That's just nonsense.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 2
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
02/25/2004 2:06 pm
Pantallica1, before you reply again re-read this thread and the perry one I started, your way off the mark!
I never forced my opinions on anyone, and I always worded my views as an opinion, not gospel! Infact my tastes and opinions are often so strange Ive learned to accept others as they are probably more confounded lol!

All Im saying is that this thread and the 'perry' one were ruined by people slagging off the concept of the thread. If people object so strongly to vrs. threads why are they reading them and even replying to them?!

I just thought it was a bit hypocritcal when sum guy posted saying "This threads dumb etc".. "no more vrs threads", and then 5mins later he replies with his 2 cents!

This section is for bands and artists, how is it possible to talk about them without making comparisons, get real dood :rolleyes:
# 3
TheWizard
TheWizard
02/26/2004 2:28 am
Originally posted by Jolly McJollyson
If by smooth, classy, and heartfelt you mean dry, repetitive, and feel-less, then yes, Santana is all of those. I say he is feel-less because his solos are all the same damn concept. Playing a spanish scale over a blues backing...whoopdy cock. "Feel" my ass, Santana can bend all the notes he wants, REAL feel is writing a solo that catches your ear, drawing you to the next note naturally with the appropriate musical devices. Santana has yet to write more than one solo, so I guess we can't technically rate him as anything but boring.

have you ever listened to any of his live stuff? some of it is really nice

and "Playing a spanish scale over a blues backing" is a pretty interesting concept I think, sure it get's a little repetative, but thats his style

and on the topic of repetative guitarists, what guitarist isn't somewhat repetative? Jimmy Page, Toni Iommi, Jimi Hendrix, Yngwie, Zakk Wylde, Jason Becker, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson the list goes on....... It's called a style, I love all of these guitarists, but because of their style they get a little repetative

"REAL feel is writing a solo that catches your ear, drawing you to the next note naturally with the appropriate musical devices." so I guess by hiting one note after another starting from the root of the key, you will have feel, because that would be just hitting the next natural note

no, watch Santana play when he's in a groove, you will see he has more feel then he needs

don't get me wrong, Im not saying he's my favorite, not even close, but he's not bad and he's very ear pleasing, image sitting on the lawn with a beer and a big cheese burger on a cool summer's eve listening to Santana.. almost heaven

Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 4
LIL_SHARKY_SJ
LIL_SHARKY_SJ
01/10/2005 2:00 am
U Foos Are Stupid Santana Is The ****.....best Guitarist Of All Time.....
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.