View post (Ebay)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/16/2004 5:34 am
eBay buying is the only situation where I've broken my rule about trying before buying. I bought a lovely black 1984 Yamaha SGB1000 to go with the one I bought new in '84. I got it for a good price, with a hardshell case, and I'm very happy with it. I also bought a low-dollar, supposedly beat-up, Yamaha RBX350 bass which arrived in better shape than the description led me to expect, again with a hardshell case. Another happy transaction. I've had a couple of motorcycle parts 'disappear in the mail', but in nearly 100 deals totalling several thousand dollars, I'd say I've come out well ahead. And I've even bought a car on eBay!

Check a seller's feedback profile to see how previous buyers fared out. Most people take good care of their reputations by being straight with their customers.

BTW: You'll note that both of the guitars I've bought on eBay were Yamahas. Some things are so consistently good that you can stick your neck out a bit. On the other hand, I shudder every time I contemplate the risks that Axl_Rose exposes himself to! I've had too many scary conversations with too many guitar techs to [u]ever[/u] buy a Gibson I haven't personally inspected. Maybe if you're very familiar with the kind of gear you're looking at, you can ask the right questions. If you're not sure, don't bid.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons