View post (What dose children of bodom use to get there sound?)

View thread

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
02/11/2004 4:47 pm
well Laiho is classically trained, but i would imagine he uses the basics most others like him do. the church modes, harmonic minor, pretty much the same as other guitarists, they just use them in a different way. also a lot of their melodies come from Janne on the keyboard.

laiho uses EMG-HZ from what i've seen can tell, although he said in an interview that he had a lot of active stuff in his sound. the amps are tube, but the gain isn't very high, most of it comes from the guitar or other things outside the amp. and he also has one of the best techniques out there which accounts for a lot of the sound

[Edited by zepp_rules on 02-11-2004 at 12:28 PM]
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By