View post (Guitar Tone)

View thread

The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/14/2004 1:54 pm
Yes it is an improvement, but still the tone is not too good.

I have a few solutions for you.....

1) Try and lower the distortion a little, the amp is crappy but this should stop some of the fuzzy sound.

2) If you can, buy a digital amp processor/modeler. These give instant solutions, sometimes, to our tone. Why get one?
If your amp is cheap, its probably a solid state amp. Solid state distortion is horrible. It makes guitars sound really bad. That's why almost all the pros use hybrids or tube amps. Tube amp distortion sounds great, but they are expensive, and most of us can't shell out the cash to get one. Solution? Digital processor (I reccomend the RP series by digitech). While using this, you can choose one of its onboard amp models, and use that distortion. While its not exactly the same tone as if buying the real amp, its pretty close and great if your looking for your own tone. You just get the sound out of the box, and use the amp as a speaker(set the amp on the clean channel). I do this same process, and it makes you sound like you put in hundreds of dollars, for something that was only $50 - 100.

Good luck man.
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks