View post (The cowboy way, heh well not exactly...)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/16/2001 3:30 am
I remember the time I saw Bill Dickens (aka "The Buddha of Bass") play as part of a Peavey guitar/bass/drums clinic... I coudn't even look at my bass for 3 days. But after that I started trying some of the ideas he was talking about, and I'm probably a better bassist for the whole experience.

Other than that, I've had a few crappy nights. One night I was sick as all hell. I went home from this open mic early and went to bed- for three days straight. Anyway, I was really off- I screwed up Johnny B. Good very badly. So I blindly wandered off the stage and some guy comes up to me and asks me to play in his band and all I can think is "I just ____ed up Johnny B. Good... what does he want from me?" So like I said, I went home and spent the next 3 days in bed wondering if I was going to vomit or leave some skid marks.

But if you can get back on stage after a horrible and public humiliating experience, you're well ahead of the game. It prepares you for far more traumatising events later in life like nothing else can.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons