View post (Greatest Albums of all Time)

View thread

SuperCoolSlides
SuperCoolSlides
01/15/2004 10:47 am
now ... it never said "greatest guitar albums" so here i go

1. entombed - "clandestine" ... still my fav death metal record... even tho some of the musicianship on it is really ... sloppy... it is one of my most-listened-to albums and has influenced me a lot as a guitar player

2. life of agony - "river runs red" ... again ... maybe not the greatest playing ever, but it really %&$§"! rocks and gives me a kick in the butt everytime i hear it

3. metallica - "...and justice for all" ... now ... why do yall put "master of puppets" down? havent listened to that one in years, but ill have to say "...and justice for all" has always been my favorite metallica record ...

4. dream theater - "awake" ... so far...my favorite dt album ... i really dont dig la bries singing and on this record he at least sometimes settles for a natural voice :) plus the album has a sorta darker feel to it than most of their other stuff, and i like that

5. eminem - "marshall mathers lp" ... i just love it ...

6. garth brooks - "roping the wind" ... yeah i know. but i love it and i dig the playing on it and ahh the memories ...

7. joe satriani - "the extremist" ... i can never decide which satch album i like better "surfing with the alien" or this one here... i went for this one for this thread :)

8. pantera - "a vulgar display of power" ... i guess the title speaks for itself :) just great

ok thats all i can think of right now ...