View post (Favorite Gutars?)

View thread

gutterslug
gutterslug
01/19/2004 2:26 am
Okay...a lot of pretty good comments throughout this thread...
Recently (...yeah, one year...) I pulled a tendon in my fretting hand, making most attempts to grip and riff quite painful...it's much better now....a good recuperation. Oddly enough, a near saint in the guise of an old acquaintance dropped an unusual axe into my lap, so to speak, for web programming I was doing for him. A 1980 Gibson Sonex 180 Standard (...the poor man's Les Paul...)...never knew they existed. This odd boy really suprised me with its wider and slightly thicker neck (...much more comfortable to play...) compared to my '74 Strat and the flatter, thinner neck...suffice it to say, the Strat is now on its way to a new home in Canada, and the Sonex has taken its place at the front of the group...it may not "be" one, but it has the soul and voice of an old Les Paul...sweet and mean.

1980 Gibson Sonex 180 Standard (black) with Zebra style humbuckers
Danelectro Baritone (black) 1999
1968 Gibson J-45 Deluxe acoustic (cherry sunburst) with added Martin Thinline (1990) bridge pick-up...
...and the 1974 Fender Stratocaster I owned (...since 1978...), loved and souped up some, just sold...

[Edited by gutterslug on 01-18-2004 at 08:44 PM]
"...uhh...Dave's not here, man..."