View post (Guitar Tricks Oscars)

View thread

Bodomchild
Bodomchild
12/30/2003 5:43 am
Best Picture-

The Last Samurai

I loved everything about this film with all of the essential elements of greatness.
The story was creative and masterfully written creating a certain dilema when you see this film. It makes you feel for the Samurai and their demise but at the same time you know it was necessary for the development of modern Japan.

The action was intense, graphic and realistic where in ROTK it was so fantastic, it was downright ridiculous in some parts.

There was superb acting by the entire cast that provided an interest that maintained my focus the entire movie.

Best Actor-

You guessed it, Tom Cruise for his outstanding dedication and hard work he put into this film. The man has been breaking his back for over 20 years putting out great films like Minority Report, Jerry MacGuire and Born on the Fourth of July. I have a love/hate thing with the guy but he deserves an Oscar for the great things he has contributed.

Best Supporting Actor-

Ok, initially I was going to vote for Ken Watanabe from the Last Samurai, but I actually think he has a real chance of getting an Oscar this year. I'm going to take this in a different direction and vote for R. Lee Ermey from Texas Chainsaw Massacre. If you have seen this movie, you know that this former drill sergeant from Full Metal Jacket was the real star of this quality remake. He was rude, diabolical,intense and funny all at the same time. The guy took this potentially above average remake and made it a great movie to watch. Hands down the best horror I've seen all year and in a long time.