View post (Guitar Tricks Oscars)

View thread

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/30/2003 1:06 am
I LOVE DONNIE DARKO!!! If you liked that though, you would LOVE "Barton Fink" and you might also like "Pi." Both fantastic movies. This year though...hmm.... I've seen more movies than Ebert and Roeper, so hold on....

Okay, I got it: The Hulk wins nothing Simon! Come on dude! I really liked both "Finding Nemo" and "Pirates" though. I mean, Ellen Degeneres is hysterical in Finding Nemo and, as usual, Johnny Depp does a phenomenal job in "Pirates." Lord of the Rings definitely takes the prize for best film of the year, the movie is just cinematic genius. This has easily become the new ideal trilogy. Replacing Star Wars would never have been thought to be so easy.

Coming in at #2 is Kill Bill. Tarantino produced a solid work here. Wonderful soundtrack, fantastic acting, and the Tarantino touch once again combine to form a masterpiece in film. The scene in which Quentin uses an animated sequence to literally "illustrate the past" is astounding. On top of it all, the way this movie parodied all the 70s style Kung Fu movies was hilariously accurate. This movie was so gorgeous that I cried.

Best supporting actor/actress?

This of course goes to Andy Serkis. For those uncultured swine asking "who is Andy Serkis?" I'll tell you. He was the actor who played Gollum in The Lord of the Rings. Quick question: what is a more difficult role to pull off than that of a creature who lived in darkness, alone, for hundreds of years while his mind was being slowly twisted and corrupted into insanity by a ring forged to do nothing but evil? I thought so...

Best Actor/Actress...

This is hard for me, because I can't seem to get the movies "School of Rock" and "The Return of the King" out of my head right now. Neither one qualifies for this award. I'll tell you what, I'm gonna dredge up an old movie and you bastards can deal with THAT!!! Best Actor goes to Jim Carrey for "The Truman Show" You want me to name a recent movie? TOO BAD! Kiss my ass and burn in hell!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...