View post (The perfect voice...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/09/2001 6:34 am
I think for every well established guitarist who spends way too much time polishing his licks instead of his voice, is looking for the perfect voice to matcxh his/her sound. We arent always fortunate enough to have the perfect lungs, and our nasty ciggarette habit doesnt really help. Have you guys found the perfect singer to fit your sound, or perhaps you had her/him and just let em slip through your fingers?

I met this girl after hours when i was in highschool, she had such a nice voice and a great love for music. She was the type of girl who could sing just about any pitch by ear, she was one of those girls who you only find in your dreams, (not on the radio, especially in this day and age.) Anyhow, I lucky enough to convince her to come and reherse with my band, and for a wonderful three and a half months she fit very nicely into our line up. She made everyone else who was involved in our project more comfortanble with themselves, I wasn't the only one who appreciated her talent. But still with all of this noticable talent, she wasn't very motivated, and she had other aspirations besides singing, so she left. And I havent found anyone quite as good, (quite as perfect.)

The guitar is my life, I love the feeling of just sitting back relying on whats going on inside my head, (that is when I dont have to worry about payiung the bills, my current living situation, and those dirty dishes in the sink, heh.) I guess for the most part, I'm still looking for the right voice to fit my unique style which Ive developed over the past so many years. The good things in life, that sometimes we just can't wait for. So have you found her?

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."