View post (writing lyrics)

View thread

SuperCoolSlides
SuperCoolSlides
01/07/2004 12:31 pm
the best way for me to get inspired to write lyrics is to actually listen to them . now i know you do all the time, but try focusing specifically on the lyrics of a song instead of the melody or the drums, if you know what i mean. it works best for me to listen to rap cds, since duh lyrics are the most important thing there. it always happens to me that when i go to a music store, listen to a couple cds ... on the way out 9 times outta 10 im freestyling. :)

plus i guess this has been said before...the most important thing is inspiration. and this prolly wont hit you when youre locked in your room, trying to write lyrics all night :) go somewhere, do lots of different stuff, talk to lots of different people...

oh yeah that reminds me : one thing that helps me when i cant figure out how to write lyrics for a certain song :

write it from a different perspective ! be an actor.

this morning i wrote a song about a totally desperate girl who would do anything for a guy if he'll only stay with her.

now ... i'm a guy (not THAT guy :))...but i wrote it all outta the girls perspective! ...sometimes this approach takes some courage like all actin ... but its fun...

oh yeah this also works if youre working on a speed metal epic ... if you normally portray the good guys, try writing about the evil dragons motives...know what i mean :)

okay gotta go

ike