View post (What equipment do u all own ?)

View thread

JSV
JSV
12/04/2003 8:44 am
Hey Dr.Simon!

About the 424
It's all good yo'! I figured you'd know I was bustin'em 'cause you've got a D1200 there; that does a LOT for a small machine! I'd rather see "home-recording-artists" investing in THOSE than software & computers, but, well... that's me.
Everyone's got their 'own-way' of doing it, as long as they're using some "Know-How", agree??

Those monitors aint' bad bro'. If you use something even decent, and it sounded good in the ROOM (like you mentioned) THAT makes the biggest dif'!
I worked in soooo many places for YEARS that used the ol' "NS10"s, and only HALF of the places they were in we're properly responsive to them. I dig the NS10m's even more, but I don't even like [those] anymore. I think these new alesis (like you have) sound good. They're in that same class & they're more adaptable than the NS10's too. (you ns10 users should switch) ;)
I don't like to mix on anything but EVENT's now. `Just my 'thing' I guess?? (not the 20/20's!! They're not real pro')

It's fun sharing peeks at our gear. I don't know if I'd nose-in telling you how to improve though? You seem like you know what you want & I can see you dig using software.
It took virtual arm-twisting to EVEN THINK of including home-recording options for myself! I was reluctant for a long time because of all my years of working in/for (& having access to) many studios.
Even now bro', I'm better off using 'hardware' when I do anything at home. I've got a FAST computer too (ALIENWARE), and at home I still prefer the hardware.
My MAIN "recording" rig at home is based around my Yamaha AW4416.

Lemme' tell ya'... AW4416 F*Q'N SWeeeeT!
It's a fr*k'n compact 02R! I love it. Totally automated, motorized faders, extensive patching layers, everything.

It's great for cats like me, because I'm more comfortable in the studio, & this brings some of it home when I can't be 'there'. SOME software does a good job though, but my work in music was 'spawned' in the hardware scene!

I'd rather HEAR what everyone's got! All you cats postin' your great guitars & nice amp rig's should ALSO include a link if we can hear your band or your record(s).
Wadda' ya' think??

NICE STUFF' EVERYONE! GOOD LUCK W/YOUR 'CHOPS DR_SIMON!

~JSV