View post (What equipment do u all own ?)

View thread

iloveannie
iloveannie
11/17/2005 3:41 pm
Funny old thing hobbies. I am also an avid gamer and the forum I use for that is so similar to this it's scary. Just change the names and it could be the same place :) Fender and Gibson become Xbox and PS2! The forum I use (ntsc-uk.com) even has threads on "gear". And you really wouldn't believe the similarity in financial huberance. I'm sure if I ever take up cross-stitch (please smother me slowly in my sleep if I do) the forums will echo this!

Anyway, hello, first time posting here although have been a member for a couple of months. Like to say thanks to the contibutors for their, umm, contributions.

Gear? I own a (just under twelve months) US Strat, a (rather cheap but wife won't buy me a Cornford) Fender amp (one of those ones with effects built in), a Tech 21 Double Drive, MXR Phase 90, Dunlop "tone sucker" Wah and, wrapped up as this year's Christmas gift, Trex Replica (woo and indeed hoo!).

I hadn't played for 10 years and had really missed it being part of my life. But now, at 34, I'm playing again. Like all the usual stuff that guitarists have to by law and also a lot of other stuff that gets me funny looks (you just gotta groove to that new Madonna song. Anything with an Abba riff is just gonna be tuneful!). I'm English by the way, but I won't let it get in the way of trying to understand the Americanisms abundant in the forum ;)

Anyway (say that a lot for some reason. And it bugs me too. As does writing in brackets) hello again. And, err, Rock On I suppose ;)