View post (Dreaming Mk III)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
10/14/2003 5:27 pm
Very cool. The vocals came through the mix very well, although I would bring everything else up a bit (except the bass). That might be just me and your going for that, if so disregard that last statement.

Where's the cymbals?? The drums are lacking alot of dynamics. Change it up a bit with a slight variation or add a cymbal here and there. Don't over do it since it is a laid back tune but some additions will provoke new interest.
It will also keep it from becomes to over repetitive and lifeless. Which in my opinion is the biggest fault of the song.

Guitar work is really cool. The lead you do deserves alittle more attention though. The vocals cover it up too much, for this reason I would suggest. If you were going to add a solo in a song, don't do it while your singing. GIve it it's own space in the song, that way it's gets all the attention. Also for us guitarists, it pulls the attention away from the vocals which deserves it own place too.

The ending harmony on the vocals was a cool addition from the last version I heard. "thumbs up" And back to the overall recording, it was alittle too low. Try boosting it about 3-4 db. Don't be afraid to push the balls to the wall on the volume knob. ;)
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.