View post (getting famous)

View thread

chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
09/19/2003 4:08 pm
Exellent thread.This is something I contemplate often.
I wouldnt want to be a famous musician for anything else but my music and ability.I would want to be respected earning less money then to be rolling in the dough and be considerd a joke by other musicians.I look down on sellout bands(nu metal)and wouldnt be able to live well knowing that others would think of me as a crap poseur jumping around with a guitar for money.I plan on becoming famous through rigorous touring and being known for great musicianship.I have nothing at the moment(a band)to attain some sort of following or fan base.I wouldnt like to be recognized by crap magazines,but rather exalted AND debated on forums like these.Playing in front of 2000+ people often would be a dream,but I would be just as happy playing in front of a couple hundred or less for the rest of my life.Being happy and content with my work and music is my ultimate goal.I want to be complemented on my great riffs and solos and instead of getting asked for an autograph get asked for tips/pointers on how to play this or that.Instead of girls jumping on my di*k I would rather read fan letters thanking me about how my music helped there musical ambitions and moves them physically and mentally.Thats all know so far...
I know its lame,but any fame wouldnt mean a thing if there wasnt integrity behind it.

Later! \m/
Try once,fail twice...