View post (getting famous)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/22/2005 2:20 am
Originally Posted by: VHLOI just want to be famus enough to play with some of the bands I like or maybe just be a well respected session musician. :rolleyes:
...and maybe that some day a good guitarrist would say that I´m a big influence for him/her :o

Yeah, I can say I've thought about those ones and as nice as they seem to be, I can't help but think that the most rewarding thing in music would be being able to survive off doing something you love doing. I dunno, I can't really explain it, but given the site I'm at, I really don't think I need to explain. I've given up a lot of things so that I could make sure my music would continue... a lot of things I was raised to believe I shouldn't give up ever for anything and for any reason. But in the big scheme of things I really don't care. All I really want in life is to play music forever. And I've elaborated off that one to the point where, let's say I'm at work in front of a computer. Naturally to break the monotony of the day I'll draw, or read something else or something. Every so often I'll just day dream and one of my most common fantasies is that of the afterlife where I begin wondering just what it would be like. Naturally I can't help but wonder what my boss and/or coworkers or anyone else I meet would wish the afterlife to be like. And somewhere in there I think about what I would like it to be... for me anyway. An empty void with just me in a chair with a guitar so I can play music for eternity. No time to track, no work to go to, no sleep, nothing but music. I can play music for as long as I wish, and when I stop playing it's because I've had enough, not because I need to hurry up and get back to work or because I need to get some sleep or because I need to go to the store or whatever. And that is why I am pursuing a career in music. Because I can't imagine anything greater than being surrounded by music. I'm aware the business isn't all fun and games, but I'm willing to go through all of that for the sake of music just the same as any man would go through enough struggle for, say, a woman he cares about.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.