View post (Please someone give me some info on the crate glx series)

View thread

TheTrooper
TheTrooper
09/07/2003 5:38 am
I have been looking to get a new amp for soem time now and I only have like 650 or so bucks to spend. I know thats not alot to spend on an amp but I dont have a job( because I just turned 15) and I owe my parents like $500 for my guitar. anyways I have a crate right now and the thing is horrible, I dont even try playing on the clean channel its worthless, but when I went in guitar center the other day and played the glx 212 it sounded great. It has built in effects and I dont really know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. I play alot of thrash metal and I like shredding but I want my distortion to be clear without buzzing and stuff. really what I looking to buy is something with killer distortion that can be cranked up really loud without sounding bad. I plan on playing the battle of the bands at my school in the quad and I dont know if 120 watts is gonna do it. Anyway if someone has played the glx series or has any comments about crate that would be greatly appreciated. By the way does anyone know what kind of amps blind guardian and children of bodem use?