Clicky

View post (Hello again)

View thread

Sore.fingers
Full Access
Joined: 07/15/21
Posts: 53
Sore.fingers
Full Access
Joined: 07/15/21
Posts: 53
09/24/2026 7:30 pm

Hi everyone,


I’m Jan, and I’m back after being away for a while.


A few years ago, I started using Guitar Tricks because I finally wanted to learn how to play guitar. I quickly learned a few songs and was having a lot of fun. For the first time, I was actually playing the instrument that had been sitting in my house for years.


Since I’m not a big fan of computers, I decided to get a guitar teacher. I made good progress, but the lessons became increasingly demanding. I practised every day, sometimes for hours, trying to master new techniques. Eventually, I realised I wasn’t really playing anymore — I was just practising. I became frustrated and eventually gave up.


That was about two or three years ago. I never sold my guitar, though. It stayed on the wall in my bedroom as a reminder of my ambitions.


For some reason, I recently decided to give Guitar Tricks another try. I’ve now been playing again for a little over a week, and I’m happy to discover that I haven’t forgotten everything. Most importantly, I’m having fun again!


I’m mainly interested in blues, bluegrass and country. I’m not afraid of a little ambition, but this time I want to make sure it stays fun. 🙂