Clicky

View post (Hello from Pennsylvania)

View thread

Ray Kinsella
Full Access
Joined: 07/04/25
Posts: 1
Ray Kinsella
Full Access
Joined: 07/04/25
Posts: 1
07/29/2026 7:58 am

Hello, friends!

I'm new here... OK, that's not entirely true.

I joined a year ago... and then I never touched my subscription for the entire year. I really struggled with the decision to re-up, and wrestled with the prospect that I'd just throw good money away. You see, I have a history of this.


A long history.

The guitar I'm learning on is a 1987 Charvel Model 3 that was a gift.

New.


In 1987.

It's spent the vast majority of its existence sitting in its case or on a guitar stand, being ignored, between decades of misuse or three weeks of lessons I'd soon lose interest in.

But I've -always- loved the guitar. I've dreamt of playing like my heroes, but I haven't lifted a finger to make any of it possible.

Seriously, what's wrong with me?

Well, I didn't even want to write this message or introduce myself until I'd already practiced for a few days consecutive days. I'm happy to say that I have. I'm deep into having sore fingertips and trying to figure out how I can quickly maneuver my hilariously tiny fingers into a C chord out of anything else.

I'm going to try to stay true to my commitment. Some day, I'd like to be a guitarist, instead of a guitar owner.

Rock on, friends!


I've owned a Charvel model 3 since it was gifted to me in 1987. Never not a day in my life have I ever played it well. Please take pity on it and hope that I can generate something of a song even just once on it before I shuffle off this mortal coil and it gets taken to a Goodwill.

Otherwise, I'm just a garden variety goofball who loves to act his age, if his age was 10 years younger than he actually is.