Hi Thank for reply.If a bent wrist is normal that’s ok, it’s just that popular mantra and endless advice keeps saying don’t play with bent wrist always play with STRAIGHT wrist, my wrist is straight on open chords but as soon as I lay my first index finger to barre a chord my wrist goes to bent (all advice refers to carpal tunnel) Thanks Jack.
That makes sense, dude. Sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel. Your wrist is going to just about do a 90 in any barre chord you play.
I got a rating on my wrists, too. For me, it's strumming that becomes painful. I also have a medication that makes my fingers hurt badly. Some days it all stacks up and I can't play well at all because of the pain.
Barre chords are easiest on my wrist starting around fret four; G# on the low E. Adapting to what we can physically do is creative and important for us to continue playing. Maybe start on A major at fret five on the low E and also D & E chords on the low A.
Thanks for reading, and be safe.