Clicky

View post (hi,new and a little lost)

View thread

KyleM.
Full Access
Joined: 01/24/26
Posts: 93
KyleM.
Full Access
Joined: 01/24/26
Posts: 93
07/27/2026 3:46 am
#3 Originally Posted by: KyleM.

Some lessons I do a drive-by on, as in take the information I want/need that supports my goals. Other lessons I will return to a few times a week because I like the jam and I really want to get the technique better and more polished before moving on. If the lesson is hard, I'll return to it often while practicing easier things. 


I'm with Ozzie on this; just keep having fun. You'll pick up on things faster if you're entertained. 

I did forget to mention, I move slowly and apply the lessons I learned for the week. At most, I am working on only two things a week in the same chapter of a lesson. For example, Music Theory: how to build chords and Blues Intermediate lead. I'll stick with those lessons for a week and find something easy to pass over when the current lessons are too difficult at the current time, or I haven't made 100% progress.


I hope that makes sense. I stay on the hard lessons that I wish to master and just have fun learning something new with the easier lessons. I move slowly and deliberately until I digest the two intentional lessons well.  


Thanks for reading, and be safe.