3. James Hetfield
4. Kirk Hammett
5. Kerry King
6. Dan Donegan (Underrated)
7. Mick Thomson (Mick 7 from Slipknot)
8. Head
9. Munky
10. James Root (Jim 4 from Slipknot)

I don't care what you say about anyone on this list not being "technically great" guitar players. Their stuff sounds damn good and they all have decent recordings but are really great live performers.

Ok I just gotta chime in here....
First I can understand the first one, and MAYBE even the second one. I can even understand number 5, but DAMN dude, if you think the rest are actually worthy, RUN!, don't walk, to your nearest CD retailer and bone up on some REAL guitarists. Old Riff-o-matic Kirk Hampster doesn't deserve the list because his crap is more sterile than a damn hospital. Of course you know anyone that calls themselves "Head" and "Munky" can't do much more than chug out some low tuned 5th chords. And why do they play Low? BECAUSE it's harder to hear when you fuk up a note.... It's true, it's true. Come on, my can opener is more creative than they are. Also just what the hell is this adding a number after a name thing? I just don't understand....
Why the hell Jim 4, and not just "Jim"? Is he like the forth incarnation of himself, and if that is so, why not 4.0?
OK my worthy list would consist of, but not in any particular order:
1. Neil Zaza
2. Steve Vai (of course)
3. Nuno Bettencourt
4. Good ol' Satch
5. George Lynch
6. Tony McAlpine
7. Vinnie Moore (yes, I am old enough to remember his Pepsi Commercial)
8. Vernon Reid
9. Paul Gilbert
10. Marty Friedman
11. Jason Becker

So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?