View post (When they say..."the key of" phase)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
08/20/2003 11:23 am
i started off with ZERO theory - did it all by ear from the very first moment on - worked fine.

now - much later - i´m pretty interrested in theory and
music history.

i mean... how are you goin to explain someone how to solo?? you CAN only do it by your ear and heart, because music is something very emotional. of course you can pic up the book of golden rules and write a solo like an architect using predefined rules - but that way it will sound very lifeless. its as if you are trying to explain the color RED to a blind man... *LOL* you will know what we are talking about once you tought yourself how to solo. then you will be like "aaah! now i understand" and you´ll be also telling peeps that they should do it by ear *LOL*

i know that this doesnt sonud very helpfull, but its part of your development on the guitar. you dont wanna end up as one of those theory-gurus, waving the cepter of knowlege at the artist, divinely signifying that he has done somehting theoretically wrong, even if it sounded brilliant.

[Edited by Azrael on 08-20-2003 at 06:30 AM]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]