View post (Piano vs. Guitar)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
08/28/2003 6:26 pm
Naw I got it dewd. I knew it was E major for one the Bmin (since were talking about V as minor), and because you would be starting on the root (Emaj) and ending it with the V (B7). I wouldn’t say A major cause the first chord E major would have to be E7 instead, at least to hint at it. It was getting late last night when I posted that so I didn’t really explain what I was saying. The chord progression goes from Emaj - Bmin - F#min - Amaj, so it’s I - Vmin - IImin - IV. Since I’ve looked into minor V‘s in a major key, I’ve seen it work most effectively when the minor V chord goes to IV next. Which would make this chord progression Emaj - Bmin - Amaj - Amaj. I know it's not but follow and I will explain what I am getting at. Now when I talked about substituting, I was talking about inserting a substitute for the A major chord (IV). In the key of A major, the relative minor is F# so it’s an easy substitute. Take a look at the chord progression again, Emaj - Bmin - Amaj - Amaj but this time substitute the first A major chord with it’s relative minor chord F#min. Which gives you Emaj - Bmin - F#min - Amaj. Granted it’s not the best explanation for this chord progression, but it makes sense of what I’ve seen and how a Vmin - IImin can work in contrast to the popular Vmin- IV.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.