View post (Just like the record?)

View thread

dougguitar
Full Access
dougguitar
Full Access
04/01/2024 3:35 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: bunch.bob

New guy here.  Just want to play along with some favorite songs.  I bought a couple of books with sheet music and guitar chords.  In both cases, the chords in the books don't match up to the recorded music.  Is there a source for true-to-the-record sheet music or chord listings?  If it's an app or website, which one is most likely providing the accurate songs?  Thanks...

Hey Bob,

Having done some freelance transcribing back in the 90's, I can confirm that it's not an exact science by any means. I second the advice you got regarding Hal Leonard for accurate song transcriptions. Of course, I find the Song Lessons here on Guitar Tricks to generally be quite accurate, too. But for a combination of sheer volume of tab with high accuracy, I recommend Hal Leonard's site guitarinstructor.com. You can get an all access pass that gives you access to everything for about $99 / year (although I always take advantage of their Black Friday sale and renew each year for $69/year). That gives you access to thousands and thousands of accurate transcriptions, including many songs that have audio synced to the tab.

Good luck,

Doug