View post (Greetings)

View thread

susannegerling
Full Access
susannegerling
Full Access
01/31/2024 9:19 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Susanne, I am 68 years old and I live in Brazil, although I’m originally from Switzerland. I got my first guitar about 55 years ago when I started to play and sing songs of Joan Baez, Bob Dylan, and all these wonderful artists from the Folk Music Movement. But I have been stuck at the beginner level for a very long time. I will admit that I am an advanced beginner who mostly plays beginner open chords, but I have strummed and played for sing-alongs, etc. if I have the chords in front of me.

I retired in 2018 and finally made an honest and complete commitment to learning how to play the acoustic guitar about 6 months ago. However, I had to realize that learning on my own wasn’t very productive. That’s why I became a full member of Guitar Tricks just two weeks ago and I am still overwhelmed with all that is offered to the students. I want to enjoy and embrace every step of my new guitar journey.

As I have loved singing since my childhood my long-term goal is to sing and accompany myself on the acoustic guitar. Therefore, I guess I’m going to spend more time with fingerstyle, picking, etc. But first of all, I will conclude the Guitar Fundamentals 2. I’m almost there…..

Thanks to everyone who brings music into this world!!!!