View post (Is it over?)

View thread

dougguitar
Full Access
dougguitar
Full Access
10/18/2023 2:13 pm

Yes, the new Song Lessons on TrueFire, including the new generation ones brought over from JamPlay, are excellent. They include all the guitar parts, have excellent backing tracks, enthusiastic teachers, and are very accurate. They also include tab synced to the video via SoundSlice, which allows very fine control over loop points (down to individual notes) and playback speed (the ones brought over from JamPlay will have this added eventually). Granted, their library of song lessons is still on the small side (unless you count the old school JamPlay lessons, which are a mixed bag on quality), but they're continuing to grow it (e.g., Witchy Woman by The Eagles will be added on 10/31).

I've had great experiences learning songs from both Guitar Tricks and TrueFire, and I'm truly grateful for the great learning tools available from these and similar sites. Yes, the song choices lately on Guitar Tricks are in a bit of a doldrums, but there are still several in their library that are on my "To Learn" list.