View post (computer programs)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/06/2003 5:49 am
Originally posted by Dr_simon
I using SONAR XL 2.2, it is expensive (400 USD) but pretty user friendly. A better place to start may be ProTools which is the industry standard (the free version is limited to Win 98 I think) or Cakewalk Guitar tracks / guitar tracks pro:

http://www.cakewalk.com/guitarists.asp

I haven’t used either of these but I think Incidents Happen uses them !

:D Everyone seems to know what gear I use! I love it!

I own Cakewalk GuitarTracks 2.0 - Let me tell you that it is the easiest recording software you will ever come across. You can purchase the 8 track version of Cakewalk 2.0 for $50 or $60 bucks, or the 32 track for about $100 bucks, and a few more features.

Me? I got the 8 tracks for $50 bucks, which unless you are recording drums, 8 tracks is plenty.

Many an inspirational moment has been captured on Cakewalk 2.0 - Check out the trial version, first; Think of it this way, some of the more complex programs have more features, etc, but starting out on a simple program like Cakewalk Guitar Tracks is the best way to ease into the world of recording. With Cakewalk's help, I was able to educate myself on the art of Sound Recording, and now I've had three offers from my city's local Recording Studio to be a session player/Mix-man. I keep turning them down because of my age, and a lack of transportation...No car, what a bitch, eh!?

~ Incidents

[Edited by Incidents Happen on 08-06-2003 at 12:54 AM]