View post (Telecaster & Epiphone ES335)

View thread

nhutchison154
Full Access
nhutchison154
Full Access
08/01/2023 7:51 pm

I am currently learning guitar, I have done both GT fundamentals and now I am half way through Blues 1, it is really going well.

I have a Player Telecaster and an Epiphone ES335, here is my issue, I find the Telecaster much better for playing thumb over chords which there seems to be a lot of use of in the Blues lessons, the neck is a C profile, whereas I think the ES335 is a D profile. But the ES335 sounds so much better. I am using a Fender Micro Mustang Headphone amp, I have tried different settings on the Micro Mustang, but the Tele always seems thin and the ES335 sounds full and rich.

Is there a way of making the Tele sound as good as the ES335, I would love the neck of the Tele and the sound of the ES335, I am sure there are other guitars which would give me the combination, but I cant afford to change right now. Is there anything amp wise anyone can recommend, or will my hands handle the ES335 better as I improve.

If anyone has experienced this and got around it, I would love to know how you overcame this.

Also, is it just the Tele sound & I will come to like it? I have ben playing the ES335 for about 5 weeks and not the Tele.