View post (Recording with drums ?)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
07/02/2003 4:36 pm
Here's a step by step guide to convert your midi drums into fruitloops and making them into real drums.

First- write out your drum part in standard midi on cubase so it goes along with your song. Once that is done save your midi drums to midi format on cubase.

Second- open up fruityloops. File->Import->Midi. Open up your midi drum track, I think channel ten is your drums. Check to make sure. This should open the entire drum track onto one midi track on fruityloops. Good so far.

Third- Open the midi track in piano roll. Go up to the top and click on the marquee box, it's probably on pencil now just click on the one that looks like a box. Once you got that. Go down to the piano roll and click on the piano key that is the lowest note. This should be the bass drum. once you click on the key all those boxes on that key should light up. Once they do push CTR-C to copy.

Next- Go to Channels->add one->Sampler. Once you open up a new track, left click on it to bring up the Channel settings. First look for the file box. Click on that then just import your sample (bass drum.wav). Then go to the little box that says -fx- below it, make that a 1. Then the next sample will be 2 and so on.

Once you have done that don't close that window just yet. Go back and right click on the channel you just added, piano roll. Then just hit CTR-V and it should paste the bass drum part.

Then mute the midi track, and hit play and listen to the bass drum track. It may sound alittle weird or maybe not. If it does go back to the channel settings and at the bottom it has "fit". Move that up until it sounds right.

Once you've done that just repeat until you have each midi drum moved to a sample track. Follow the guide I gave and that's it. Seems like alot at first but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy and doesn't take as much time as you might think. Any questions just ask.

[Edited by noticingthemistake on 07-02-2003 at 11:40 AM]
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.