View post (Come fo)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
07/01/2003 4:12 pm
This was up to date c.a June last year,but read anyhow.
http://geocities.com/dwanjiru/about_me.htm
Now,I quit college instead of finishing.I had a couple of papers I was supposed to retake,which I didn't,plus I didn't do labs for my final year project,and naturally didn't hand it in or present it.
I could easily have finished and got my pass,but I just didn't care anymore.College has been like a bad marriage for me.You hope it gets better but it doesn't.But just like people cling to bad marriages for the social outlook,I stayed on,coz,well,I'm supposed to go to college.and just as people cling on coz marriages do work,I stayed on coz physics is real.Just poke an electric socket with a wire and switch it on if you don't believe me.:)
I'll give a n analogy;I wen't to college to be taught chinese,but all they taught me was songs and poems written in chinese for me to memorise,without teraching me what those songs and poems mean.I wasn't learning jack.So I finally gave up.And like someone said,if something is not worth doing at all,then it is not worth doing well.
Now I'm rambling,so I'll stop.
I first learnt my first three chords,G C & D when I was about 12 or 13.But I really started to play when I bought my guitar in march of 2000.I'm not much of a guitarist.But I have an idea of where I want to take my playing.Sometimes I choke "improvising" in my head,pressing my fingers to my palm like I was holding a guitar,and not breathing.When I'm able to put these things out for real,it's gonna be a lovely day.
Oh,I'm now living with my cousin in a town called Thika,about 28 km from Nairobi,which for those of you who think Nigeria is a province in Liberia,is teh capital of Kenya,which for those of you who think Colombo is a coastal Italian town,is in East Africa,which for those of you...ok,nevermind.