View post (Come fo)

View thread

TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
07/01/2003 11:05 am
I'm 20, I'm from Brighton in England (one of the few englanders on here last time I checked) and I'm currently working for a degree in Foreign Languages at Sussex University.

Been doing music since I was eight years old, my first instrument being recorders and the piano. I also play cello which I picked up later. You can guess I come from a classical background but at heart I'm a guitarist who plays more contemporary styles. Started with the blues which I still favour when playing, but love listening to prog. rock and metal (both traditional and nu styles.) Guitarists I'm currently most interested in are: Eric Johnson, Robben Ford, Alex Lifeson, Steve Vai and Jimmy Page.

I've played in a couple of bands but nothings really taken off for me so far...I'm still seaking those ideal band-mates but at the moment I'm happy working solo on my material, which is mostly intrumental as I find lyrics really frustrating. My fav guitar is my black mexican Strat - I love its feel and versatile tone. I use a marshall valve amp although I'm starting to find it rather limiting in sound range, but its adequate for now.
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'