View post (Come fo)

View thread

Grub
Grub
07/01/2003 8:02 am
Originally posted by David C
I'm 32, born in South Carolina, went to the same high school as the Marshall Tucker Band--twenty years later. That's why I sometimes sing their praises on this site. I now live in central North Carolina and wish I had played music as a kid instead of sports. I've been playing guitar off and on, with an emphasis on "off," for about 8 yrs, mostly learning favorite songs, avoiding theory until last summer (thanks to this site for getting me started!). Now, with the wife and kids and job and all, it's even harder to find the time.

I'm working on a PhD in English, with concentrations in Rhetoric/Composition and American Literature. Notice I tend to use correct punctuation, syntax and all in my posts, and I appreciate those who do the same. Favorite authors: Kerouac and the other Beats, Thomas Pynchon, John Barth. Musical influences: Dead, Dylan, MTB, folk stuff. Last thing I played on my guitar yesterday: Shady Grove.

First thing mto say is my thread was mistitled. Jeez knows what it ended up as 'come fo' . it shouldve been where do you folks come from or something

second thing. nice to see someone here who also appreciates Kerouac. i read 'On the road'. then took time out after college to go over to the US with just my backpack to travel round the place financing myself ..ahem...through working illegally.