View post (Good Instructional Videos....)

View thread

Ruyard
Ruyard
07/08/2003 11:57 pm
Ok Speed Kills arrived yesterday. My thoughts on the DVD:

It has 4 Sections.

1.Speed Kills where Michael teaches some lessons on different shredding techniques, from Picking to Arpeggio sweeps. Its great to see how he plays and picks things youve heard him play and he explains things well. First he talks about the technique, then he shows an animated TAB similar to Power Tab, Then he plays it real slow so you can see how it works, then he plays it medium before finally he shows off in ultra high speed. This was the Original Video released some years ago.

2. Exercises. You get about 4 sheets of paper with the different exercises michael teaches tabbed out. You can go straight to the exercises on the DVD for practise so you dont have to flick through the whole program.

3. Revisited. This is the new part added for the DVD release. It has Michael now answering some questions and playing some cool stuff.

4. The Double Neck Guitar. This is where Michael explains how the double neck guitar he plays came about. For anyone who hasnt seen this its not a normal double neck with one on the top and one on the bottom its actually a left handed guitar that connects to a right handed guitar to create like a big V.

He plays it both hands at the same time, one side playing some rythm the other playing a solo. Quite amazing to watch. He also plays it some other freaky ways.

So all in all i think it is a great buy and if your in the USA its only $20!

If your outside like me it costs whatever the conversion plus nearly the same for shipping.

The only thing i though was disapointing, and im really spiltting hairs here, is that it doesnt come in a normal DVD case or anything, it comes in like a clear skinny CD-R case that doesnt really fit in a DVD stand. But hey i wasnt buying it for the case and the DVD is excellent.