View post (Classical Guitar exercises.)

View thread

chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
06/24/2003 2:05 am
I'm not too bad at tremelo picking, but I've heard some people do some pretty sick things with it.
Another one I forgot to mention is Carcassi' etude #7 in A minor, great peice, not to difficult.

Hey Notice......this may seem like a stupid question, but are you trying this stuff w/a nylon str. guitar? It will help when you grow your nails out, takes forever at 1st.

If you don't have a decent nylon str. you should check out Yamaha's Silent guitar, sounds and plays great. It's an electric nylon str. w/built in reverb, headphone jacks, etc. Figuring a half decent nylon will run you in the thousands, you can't beat it for $399, definetely sounds better then any acoustic you would get in that price range. The word is there getting ready to update/revamp it, the newer ones coming out will run about $150 more then the ones now.
Good luck, I caught the nylon str. craze about a year and a half ago, and it's a lot like starting all over, very frustrating at times. But the older I get the more I like the idea of being able to perform solo.