View post (Classical Guitar exercises.)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
06/22/2003 2:51 pm
Thanx again guys! Romance was a good one, it was very easy and sounds great. It's the one in the tricks section right? When you play a song like that where the picking sequence is high e, b, g. Is it better to play it in sequence of pinky, ring, middle. One of the guys I jammed with went to school for classical guitar, to bad he moved away. But anyways he would pick each string with a different finger, like high e with the pinky, b with the ring finger, g with the middle finger, and d with the index finger, and use your thumb for the a and low e. He would adjust if he needed to but this the primary position his fingers were in. Is the best position for classical guitar or does it even matter??

I think the stuff segovia plays is alittle beyond me right now..hehe I hope to be able to play something by him in a year or so, but I haven't worked or planned anything out yet. I have a CD with him playing romantic pieces on the guitar and I think Romance is on there but I don't know if he wrote since he mostly does covers. Got a cd with him playing Bach, it's sweet. :)
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.