View post (Worst/funniest gigs?)

View thread

jealousblues
jealousblues
01/03/2004 6:18 am
I remember going out to Washington Missouri to play BIg Johnsons DOck House and the place was split with the bar in the front then a wall and then a back room with the band...well the most people we ever played for there was like 9 and fro the first half of the gig every time we would play to the walls. It was terrible.

I also remember playing a local suburb/comunity/small towny thing in a park where all the rides and stuff for the kids were up in the park and we (in the beer garden) on the tennis courts and while there were people there...none of them were down with us. so we played just to vendors in near 100 degree weather on aa asphault tennis court on a trailor...shudder.
then we played another out door gig that night.

We went out to Kansas City to play a rib fest outside of Kemper Arena. and on the way there, our keyboard player who drives the trailors SUV engine blew up. so we are at a Uhaul in bumf**K Missouri and they are all out of uhauls. So they had to call around and finally they found one...about an hour back toward St. Louis. So we get there and walk into the office only to see its the guys living room with a counter in it. He looks up at us from his recliner and big screen like we are total Arseholes for walking into his house...which i guess we kinda were. So we get there, luckily we had built in extra time to relax when we got there...so we had to hurry to set up and go. And we won for best party at the show :-)

[Edited by jealousblues on 01-03-2004 at 12:22 AM]
Have you noticed that the best songs always seem be the most simple take, the classic song, "batman"... I mean its just Batman and Na...