View post (Hi, I'm back after a year away, lots of new techniques to check out)

View thread

Ego
Ego
06/10/2003 3:33 pm
On Ghi the rhythm guitar is a Dual Recto patch on my GT-6 and the lead is the Soldano high gain patch...and then I used some of the fake guitar synth sounds -- also, from the GT-6. So, for most of demo songs the sounds all came from the Boss GT-6 and in the case of earlier demos from a Boss GT-3.

I used some other things here and there but those have been my work horses for several years. Oddly enough, I have my GT-6 on Ebay right now...and the Carvin "Bofatron" used to record the first demo album...as well as a ton of other stuff. At the moment I'm in the process of changing my entire rig. Funny, I felt like adding to the Carvin description "this guitar used by Bofatron, the famously obscure guitar wrangler..." ;-)

My guitars have been Parker NiteFly and Carvin DC135.

In the future, though, my rig for recording will be a Bogner Shiva with EL34s and a 2x12 open back cab, Parker NiteFly, and the effects I have in my computer. I'm hangng on to my GT-3 as well as a Lexicon Vortex. I just bought a ton of new studio stuff last year and I can do without so many outboard effects filling my limited space.