View post (Hi, I'm back after a year away, lots of new techniques to check out)

View thread

Ego
Ego
06/03/2003 7:36 pm
Hi. It's infinite ego these days...bofatron is pretty much dead. More or less ;-)

But, yeah, my take on things is still the same: (a) music is about melody so give people melody. You wouldn't sing a song as fast as you could go so take it easy...Neil Young, Bill frisell, Jimmy Page, etc...they all get the job done. Cool phrasing and memorable lines are still king in music. But, (b) you don't always have to play "music" and you can use "non-musical" elements in your music for effect. If you're going to play fast why not play really really fast such that, on the one hand, you avoid playing melodies fast (a la cartoon music) and, on the other, you can create someting totally new soundwise. It's no more difficult to play 3 times faster than normal than it is to play normal...it's not a physical thing really.

The page you're remembering is probably long gone by now. I totally revamped the site including moving to a new server.

Some demos, including all the old stuff, is here
http://www.station185.com/kronoson/kronosonic/Demos_Sounds/

For a sample of what I'm talking about try Jupiter Blues (a new thing) or Guardian of Forever (one of the old Bofatron demos). The speedy stuff is purely textural rather than melodic. Some people dig it and others don't. It's all cool.