View post (Bass Player Bother)

View thread

stratgod
stratgod
05/17/2003 5:16 pm
Here is the situation for the band I am in. There are two guitarists, myself and my friend Paul(who originally advertised for other band members), my dad the drummer. We are all 110% commited to practice and gigs. The trouble lies, however, with the bass player, Gerry, who applied to our advert for a bass-man. He has another band with a gig list running to November-ish but is a damn good player and he's been playing with us for the past few months. Now we also have another bass player who would be 100% commited to us if we want him and he wants an answer as of tomorrow because he dosen't want to be pissed around. All keeping in mind we want to start gigging as soon as poss. Surely some of you guys and gals must have had a similar problem somewhere down the line. So, to sum things up, do we keep gerry and work around him or get our new man Russ in and really get down to business? The clock is ticking and I sort of know what I want to do but what do you think?
Would be interesting to hear some of your stories and any advice.

Damn, this is almost like Jerry Springer...
Thanks for listening.
Luke.

Jer-ry!Jer-ry!Jer-ry!
Jesus?! What am I like?!!!:)
"When I was a kid,all I wanted was a red electric guitar.It had to be red,because of Hank and his magical sound." Mark Knopfler on Hank Marvin.